ADD & ADHD
Frequently Asked Questions.
Q. Can you help a person with ADHD
A. Yes. In almost all cases.
Q. Do you diagnose ADHD.
A. No. It is a long drawn out procedure and unneccessary for my work.
Q. When can I get an appointment and how much does it cost.
A. Click on 'Price list' above.
You can usually get a 'next day' appointment. See 'Opening Hours'
Call Me Now. on 087 2500146.
In my experience ADHD / ADD problems are often caused by misalignment of the cervical vertebrae. Usually it is misalignment of the Occiput & Atlas vertebrae. This is right at the top of the neck where it meets the skull.
Soreness, when pressure is applied, in the muscle at this area and down the skull to just under the ears is a common symptom of this disorder. This misalignment puts pressure on the veins which are part of the drainage system for the head. In my opinion this reduces the flow of used fluids out of the head causing an excess of fluids to build up in the sinuses and put an abnormal pressure on the brain and on the cranial nerves.
I believe this abnormal pressure on the nerves causes them not to function correctly and consequently cause many different kinds of disorder to the head and brain. There is a basic law of physics which says, “If you alter the structure you alter the function.
The abnormal pressure on the cranial nerves alters their structure and it follows that their function must be altered.
The function of nerves is communication. When they are altered by the abnormal pressure on them they can no longer function at 100% of their capacity so there can now be a lack of, or distortion of communication within the cranial vault.
The symptoms of the interference to the communications network can be a reduction in the ability to Taste, Smell, Hear or See. It also appears to be the root cause of ADD / ADHD , Migraine and other Headaches, Acne and Face Rashes, Neuralgia, Vertigo, Ear Infection, Stress and Tinnitus Etc.
My job as a Spinologist is to correct the misalignment of the vertebrae.
I use Spinology, massage and CranioSacral Therapy to achieve the corrections. The pressure is removed from the nerves and the communications system is restored, the muscles relax and the body is then able to heal itself and get rid of the disorders. Usually the relief is instant but it normally requires a few therapy sessions to help the body to heal itself of all its symptoms.
The main concept of Spinology is to have your spine checked regularly as part of your health care program. It really does make sense to correct the misalignments before you get back pain or some of the many other symptoms of misalignment of the vertebrae.
Inattention, hyperactivity, and impulsivity are the key behaviours of ADHD. The symptoms of ADD / ADHD are especially difficult to define because it is hard to draw the line at where normal levels of inattention, hyperactivity, and impulsivity end and clinically significant levels requiring intervention begin.
In any health care system to be diagnosed with ADHD, symptoms must be observed in two different settings for six months or more and to a degree that is greater than other children of the same age.
Symptoms of ADD or ADHD may include
- Be easily distracted, miss details, forget things, and frequently switch from one activity to another
- Have difficulty maintaining focus on one task
- Become bored with a task after only a few minutes, unless doing something enjoyable.
- Have difficulty focusing on organizing and completing a task or learning something new, trouble completing or turning in homework assignments, often losing things (e.g., pencils, toys, assignments) needed to complete tasks or activities
- Not seem to listen when spoken to.
- Daydream, become easily confused, and move slowly.
- Have difficulty processing information as quickly and accurately as others.
- Struggle to follow instructions.
- Fidget and squirm in their seats.
- Talk non-stop. Dash around, touching or playing with anything and everything in sight.
- Have trouble sitting still during dinner, school, and story time.
- Be constantly in motion. Have difficulty doing quiet tasks or activities.
- Be very impatient, Blurt out inappropriate comments, show their emotions without restraint, and act without regard for consequences.
- Have difficulty waiting for things they want or waiting their turns in games
Most people exhibit some of these behaviours, but not to the degree where such behaviours significantly interfere with a person's work, relationships, or studies as happens to people suffering with ADD / ADHD.
Symptoms may persist into adulthood for up to half of children diagnosed with ADD / ADHD. Estimating this is difficult as there are no official diagnostic criteria for ADD / ADHD in adults. The signs and symptoms may differ from those during childhood and adolescence due to the adaptive processes and avoidance mechanisms learned during the process of socialisation.
Below are some of the behaviours /symptoms which may be exhibited in adults with ADD /ADHD.
- Often making careless mistakes when having to work on uninteresting or difficult projects.
- Often having difficulty keeping attention during work, or holding down a job for a significant amount of time.
- Often having difficulty concentrating on conversations.
- Having trouble finishing projects that have already been started.
- Often having difficulty organizing for the completion of tasks.
- Avoiding or delaying in starting projects that require a lot of thought.
- Often misplacing or having difficulty finding things at home or at work.
- Often distracted by activity or noise.
- Often having problems remembering appointments or obligations, or inconveniently changing plans on a regular basis.